The Winners of the 2013 Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs:
- 1st Prize Grand Winner - Anong Nangyari Sa Ating Dalawa composed by Jovinor Tan interpreted by Aiza Seguerra - P1,000,000 cash prize
- 2nd Prize - Hanggang Wakas composed by Soc Villanueva interpreted by Juris - P500,000 cash prize
- 3rd Prize - If You Ever Change Your Mind composed by Marion Aunor interpreted by Marion Aunor - P200,000 cash prize
- 4th Prize - Scared to Death composed by Domingo Cubelo Rosco Jr interpreted by KZ Tandingan - P150,000 cash prize
- 5th Prize - Kahit Na composed by Jumbo "Bojam" De Belen interpreted by Toni Gonzaga - P100,000 cash prize
Special Awards winning P50,000.00 each:
- Star Records Buyers Choice - Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat composed by Jungee Marcelo interpreted by Daniel Padilla
- MOR Listeners Choice - Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat composed by Jungee Marcelo interpreted by Daniel Padilla
- Astig Tambayan 101.9's Choice Winner - Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat composed by Jungee Marcelo interpreted by Daniel Padilla
- MYX Choice for Best Music Video - Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat composed by Jungee Marcelo interpreted by Daniel Padilla
- TFC Choice Award - This Song Is For You composed by Jude Thaddeus M. Gitamond interpreted by Erik Santos
Congratulations to all the winners!
|Left, newcomer Wynn Andrada; Right, Daniel Padilla bringing the house down and winning 4 special awards|
The Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs Finals Night was held on February 24 2013 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena and telecast live on Abs-Cbn Channel 2. The finalists who competed during this night consist of the top 12 songs chosen from 2,500 entries that were submitted by composers nationwide and from 7 other different countries. The hosts of the show are Kim Chiu, Xian Li, Megan Young and Matteo Guidicelli. Guest artists are Abra, Zia Quizon and Bamboo, doing the opening number and the trio of Martin Nievera, Bituin Escalante and Ana Fegi performing a medley of songs produced by previous Himig Handog tilts, for the intermission.
This year's Himig Handog songwriting competition is not giving an award for the best interpreter due to the rationale that the judges and organizers would like to focus more on the songs and the composers.
Star Records head Roxy Liquigan assures the 12 finalists that their songs will be used by ABS-CBN, which means, therefore, that all of them are, technically, already winners. Of the twelve, three have already been chosen as theme songs for a movie, another three will be used for a teleserye and one of them will be for a Koreanovela.
According to Mr Liquigan, a surprise awaits a batch of 50 songs that were not included in the top 12 because Star Records have plans for them and may produce their songs for singles to be included in albums of Star Records artists in the next three years.
For more Pinoy News & Entertainment Updates,
like/follow Tsapsuy on Facebook and Twitter.
TrulyRichClub.com - Do You Want to Gain Financial Wealth and Spiritual Abundance at the Same Time?